Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blog Assignment #1



Time For a Change
School has always been fairly easy for me in the past. From elementary to high school my grades were always good. I never really had to study. I could just go in the test without any preparation and do well. Everything just seemed to click for the most part, except a few instances (math). I never had any real struggles with doing my homework or writing papers; I really didn’t have to try hard. I came to the University of Virginia straight out of high school and it was my first choice. I am a third year politics major with a focus in government.
I took EDIS 2890 because I want to excel in college. The transition from high school to college for me was fairly difficult for me. It was not because I was away from home, and missed my family and friends. It was difficult because I played a sport while trying to balance my workload. I run track here, and I am always so exhausted. I am not able to stay up long enough to do my work, and even if I was able to I just did not want to do anything else after pushing myself to my limit day after day. My grades have suffered because of this. It is hard for me to focus on my work, and when I begin to read my books I tend to just fall asleep. Another reason why my grades are not so good is because I never really had study habits. I never had to really take notes, especially ones where they are not written on the board. Luckily this class has been helpful. I am much more organized now. I’m improving my study habits and my grades have already improved.  I’m not going to accept another sub-par academic performance this year, and I feel like this class can help me achieve my goal. I’m excited to take this class because I already know it will help give me the tools I need to study efficiently and get the grades I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment